Each lecture represents a single law within the Career Strategy Framework and how to apply it to reach your full potential:
- Mental Model - is the core idea of the law summarized in a few sentences. Internalizing these mental models will shape your day-to-day thinking.
- Overview of the Law - this section provides an overview of the law together with the key strategy and mindset to apply the core idea. Strategy is effective when you have the proper mindset to take action.
- Directives - are a succinct list of actions to apply the law - the "things you should do". These include behaviors to adopt and actions to take to support your transformational change. In my experience, people value a synthesized list of actions instead of a long theory that needs to be decomposed into a nugget that can be actioned upon.
- Experiment With This - a list of probing questions to tease out thoughts and ideas of lecture, with recommended actions you can take to experiment applying the law in practice.
- An Example in Practice - when I have a practical example from my career and life, I share the story so you gain a deeper understanding of how the strategy can be used and the type of results that can be achieved. I have found that stories are an effective way of describing the situation, how the law helped, and what outcome can be realized.
- Resources - a list of books, podcasts, articles, and videos that relate to the framework law. In many cases, I synthesize and organize concepts from multiple sources that form the strategic thinking of the lecture. I highly encourage you to digest these resources when you want to go deep on a specific topic. I recommend you read the full book if you want a deep understanding of the concept.